JLS BUILDING SERVICES LTD GDPR DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
- WHO WE ARE AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION
JLS Building Services Ltd, respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform you as to how we collect, process and look after your personal data. Any information collected via our website will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement also.
This statement has been compiled in order to comply fully with the requirements set out by the General Data Protection Regulation of 2018 (GDPR). We are the controller of your data and are responsible for its storage and use. It is important that the personal data we have on record about you is accurate and up to date. We ask that you keep us informed as soon as possible of any personal data changes. We will only use your data – name, address, email, contact details for the purpose of fulfilling the contractual agreement made between us.
At no time are our services or website intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
- PERSONAL DATA
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners Office.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
Identity Data – First Name, Last Name, Title, Company Name
Contact Data – Billing address, delivery address including postcode, email address, telephone numbers
Where we need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time. We accept no liability under contract if it cannot be performed due to your withholding of data from us.
- HOW WE MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data:
- You may give us your Identity, address, contact details and these are stored electronically and on our contact sheets and form part of our Declaration Contract.
- We may hold transaction data about payments from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- You may contact us via our website or email
- You may subscribe to our newsletter
- You may provide us with feedback
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your data to fulfil the contract between us and comply with legal or regulatory obligations. This means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of the contract to which you are a party.
On occasions we will need to provide some of your personal data to third parties for them to carry out duties/supply services to you, to complete our contract with you for example electrical or gas registration certification and product warranties.
Where it is necessary for our Legitimate Interests this means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. We make sure we consider your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your contact data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
On occasions, you may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing information.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration and contract.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
Our website may contain links to other third party websites. If you follow these links we cannot accept responsibility or liability for the different data protection and personal data collected from them. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. Please read the GDPR notice for every website you visit to see how your data is being handle.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below.
- There may be some occasions where you use our services that information is given to a third party, such as companies we work with to fulfil your requirements.
- Professional advisers acting as processors including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the United Kingdom who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Once it is within our control, we do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’), unless you (or the third party controller or processor which is instructing us and to which you have given your data which we are then processing) are based outside the EEA.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any warranty, legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we are required to retain your personal information for a period of 7 years following completion of the contract, unless there is a legal requirement for us to retain it longer.
In some circumstances you can ask us to anonymise your data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) but for our records it remains until the accounting period expires.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Queries, requests or concerns
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and us, please in the first instance contact us directly. If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to speak with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), www.ico.org.uk.